Paramount Management (Paramount), a division of the Lawen Group, is a privately held, family-owned full-service property management firm located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Paramount specializes in managing apartments and mixed-use residential units in the most sought-after neighbourhoods of Halifax and Dartmouth. The firm’s growing portfolio includes over 2.000 residential units and 300,000 square feet of commercial retail and office space.
Support the property management team to ensure maximum tenant satisfaction and retention through coordination of multiple services including maintenance, cleaning, and contractors as well as to maintain quality programs including health and safety, marketing, and tenant relations.
Assist and support the following:
- Manage onsite staff, including supervision, training, scheduling, and performance management
- Implement an effective leasing strategy to maximize occupancy and provide support in leasing efforts
- Maintain excellent tenant relations on behalf of owner throughout the entirety of the Tenant life cycle
- Oversee health and safety programs including training, emergency procedures, risk management, identification of issues and accurate, timely reporting
- Ensure properties are maintained, as well as, well managed through routine visits and inspections
- Implement marketing and advertising campaigns for leasing, events, and promotional activities
- Communicate all building management policies, procedures, and operations
- Ensure portfolio is in full compliance will all regulations and contracts
Full responsibility for the following:
- Perform task-based projects and assignments to improve and augment portfolio performance
- Provide additional support to the portfolio in the absence of onsite building staff by fulfilling additional responsibilities outlined in Resident Manager job description including administration of tenant life cycle, maintaining attractive building appearance and conducting property inspections
Education / Training, desired:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Commerce, or related field
- Certified Property Manager Designation
- Two years’ experience in property management
- Property management and/or leasing experience
- Real Estates sales
Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel
- Safety training and knowledge including MSDS proficiency
- Competency with property maintenance software program (Spectra)
- Familiar with accounts payable and receivables procedures and requirements
- Versed in current policies and laws relating to property management including lease agreements and Nova Scotia Residential Tenancy Act and other regional and provincial guidelines.
- Basic understanding of building information including water systems, electrical, heating, cooling, fire alarm, sprinkler, fire pump and generator
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and document management
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong negotiation skills
- Professional, reliable, and solid work ethic
- Ability to engage, inspire and manage the performance of others
- Organizational and strong problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and able to exhibit tact and composure under pressure
- Customer service oriented
Primarily office based requires regular work in front of a PC, desk, phone, with high requirement for physical site visits and inspections of portfolio property on routine basis. Extended hours at time to facilitate emergencies, viewings and telephone enquiries.
As the successful candidate, you will be joining an entrepreneurial organization that manages some of the most recognizable and creative residential buildings in Halifax. You will have the opportunity to be a part of properties that will shape the city’s future, and you will be rewarded with a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Please submit a resume and cover letter
While we do appreciate all applicants interest in the position, only those selected to move on to the interview process will be contacted.